Saturday, December 16, 2006

What's in a name?

And as long as I'm rambling. WinFx, Avalon, Atlas, and Indigo sounded a lot more hip and bleeding-edge than the stodgy names that are so long I don't even care to type them (okay, I really mean I don't care to look them up to make sure I get them right).

And Atlas didn't even make the cut for inclusion in the otherwise technically irrelevant grouping of .Net 3.0. Can we dump the hype for Workflow Foundation and swap in Atlas?

Go read No Silver Bullet and then run screaming when your boss mentions Workflow Foundation. I am perhaps biased by the multi-million, multi-year boondoggle that my company chased with BEA's Weblogic Integration 8.x. And the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". But neither is "unfounded opinion" the equivalent of "experience". Nor does a technology evangelist have your best interests at heart.

My ego was in no little way stroked that I got to say "I told you so" when our Architects eventually got chewed out for drinking BEA's Kool-Aid.

0 comments: